Rent To Own Homes Uxbridge – Know Your Options To Becoming A Homeowner
Are you self employed? Going through an unexpected life event? Suffered a recent bankruptcy? No down payment? Do you have poor credit?
- Low down payment: With just $10,000 or 3% of the purchase price* you can start the process of finally becoming a homeowner. 20% of your monthly rent will be added to the Starting Down Payment to form your final Mortgage Down Payment. The Rent to Own Homes Uxbridge program is recognized by CMHC.
- Build equity: You can build your equity faster with your starting down payment and monthly option credits as compared to the first few years of a traditional mortgage.
- Lock in your house price: Secure your future purchase price today and worry not about increasing house prices. The price you settle at the end of the program is determined right at the start of the contract so you know how much you are going to pay, regardless of aggressive house market inflation rates.
- Get fixed payments: Just as the house purchase price has been set, your monthly payments are also predetermined and does not increase anytime during the program.
- Improved credit: Boost your chances of qualifying for a lower mortgage rate from a conventional lender in 2-3 years while living in your new home.
- Flexible programs: Credit is not a big factor for approval, we look at the bigger picture of your home ownership.
- Enhanced security: We protect your interests with legally-binding agreements that you can have checked and evaluated by your attorney.
- Keep your options open: Get the right housing solution that works for you, whether it’s a longer term, an early purchase option, or ways to lower your monthly payments.
- More choices: Be in control; look for and buy the house you want and not just one from the home listings the competitors give you.
- Enjoy your homeowner benefits: Paint the walls, renovate bathrooms, add an extra room – the house is yours and all upgrades belong to you upon purchase.
- Same lifestyle: Don’t be house-poor; get the education and assistance to create a lifestyle-conscious budget.
- Move in right away: No advance rental payments AND no need to make a down payment until you have decided to buy the house.
Real Estate Stats: Uxbridge
Interesting real estate stats for the Uxbridge area:
…according to the latest housing report, there are about a hundred homes for sale in Uxbridge, a majority of which are detached houses (source: Durham Region Association of REALTORS®), so families will have a good number of homes to choose from and find a place within their budget.
…average sold price is around $650K and there is a downward trend so house prices may lower in the coming months (source: Zolo), which shows that the real estate market in Uxbridge is looking good for would-be buyers.
Do you qualify?
There are only a couple of minimum requirements to begin the process of renting – and finally, owning – your own home.
- An amount of $10,000 or greater depending upon the price of the property, which will be taken as to be part of your down payment when you are ready to buy.
- A monthly rent of no less than $1,800.
What if you don’t qualify?
The Rent to Own Homes Uxbridge program is NOT credit driven and our clients generally fall into at least one of the categories below:
- Poor or no credit score
- Power of sale (foreclosure)
- Self-employed and can’t show income
- Collections, judgments or writs on bureau
- Property tax or income tax outstanding, tax liens
- Orphaned mortgage, current lenders not renewing
- Mortgage higher than the current market value due to market correction
- Need to go into a consumer proposal, bankruptcy or not fully discharged
Rent to Own Process
Here is a summary of events which occur during the Rent to Own Homes Uxbridge program:
- You can work with your realtor but we also give you the option to work with one of our associate realtors to find and view houses for rent in Uxbridge that you want to own in the future. We do not have an inventory of houses for sale/rent. You get to choose the property you want to enroll in the program.
- Once your funding partner has been determined, we will draft the contracts with the financing details of your Lease Purchase Program.
- Our underwriting department will assess your application to make sure you have the financial capacity to pay the monthly lease to own payment. We will also make a plan to get you into home ownership in the future and work with you to resolved issues that result in bank disapproval today. Once we are positive that you can successfully complete the program, we will send you a rent to own program offer for your consideration.
- You must take the rent-to-own program contracts to your lawyer to get Independent Legal Advice (ILA). This is a compulsory component of our program.
- Once your lawyer has evaluated and agreed with the contract stipulations, you can then sign (or not) and return the documents.
- If you agree to the terms of the rent to own program, please send back a signed copy of your acceptance along with the supporting documents for our evaluation.
- The contracts are then signed between the seller of the property and your funding partner. But remember, your funding partner will actually buy the house on your behalf and you sign the contracts to become the future homeowner using our rent to own program.
- We close and you move in. We start working on the “Exit Strategy” to be put in place before you are approved for the Rent to Own Homes Uxbridge program.